Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Day 3 of construction

As you can see, we have made some real progress! What started with just 3 rows of block laid has now risen to be a full house with the gables going on!

We put on the last full row of brick this morning, which is a row that also requires a great deal of concrete to be poured in—quite a labor-intensive project when you have to mix by hand and haul it all up onto scaffolding!

But we got it done, and helped begin the process of building the gables on the front and back.

That was it for the day today, though, because this afternoon was a tour of a cigar factory. We were not prepared for the fumes from the fermentation process, but we learned so much about all that goes into making cigars! It was incredible to be able to watch these people sort amazing quantities of tobacco leaves and so quickly roll the cigars. Everything was by hand, because machines just can't do it.

Tomorrow we return to a full day of work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very exciting to see your great progress

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.