Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Flight is Booked!

Well, all 13 people going to El Salvador are registered, and we have booked the group flight from DC to San Salvador!!!! The great news with the flight is that we got a spectacular deal on the airfare--about $100 less per ticket than we had originally thought we might be facing. Pr. Tom joked that the flight was so cheap that several of us might have to fly the plane! Plus, the flight is non-stop, so no dealing with changing planes in Miami or Dallas and all the hassle that means, especially on the way back.

There are still details to iron out, but much of that will be done in conjunction with the El Salvador folks. We still need some hotels in-country, and I'm beginning to rethink the beach proposition. I've found this neat little town with spectacular hiking, a unique little church, and a food festival every weekend!!! The beach just seems to be a surfer's hangout, and from what I've read, it's a semi-dangerous area, as well. I think more people would be happy with the change, but I'll talk to the coordinator in El Salvador and see what she thinks.

It is great to have some of the biggest steps out of the way and finished. Since this is the first time I've led any group like this, I won't really be able to relax until things are set and ready to go.

No comments: